Monday 27 August 2012

Maternity Modesty

This past weekend, I got looking at some ideas for some maternity pictures in the future. 
 
I couldn't believe some of the ideas that came up.
Many of the pictures I came across had woman who barely had any clothes on showing off her baby bump.
 
Now I am not trying to say that pregnancy pictures should be done in turtle necks and pants,
but I do think that we as ladies should remember that we are still to be modest
Even when we are pregnant. 
 
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
 
For Wes and I, we are thinking of doing maternity pictures for our children in the future.
I want to be an example for them then and now.
I do not want to show them pictures of myself that I would consider immodest.
 
 
What do you think? 
Do you agree that some maternity shots can sometimes be taken too far?

6 comments:

  1. I am totally with you Bre! Don't worry when we do yours we will have fun and still keep it modest! Im planning to get some blocks that spell out girl or boy once you find out and fun things like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, but at the same time I think that you can do intimate pictures like that that can be kept just between you & your husband. To me it's more like art and showing the beauty of motherhood. But I don't think I'd ever post anything like that publicly or shows my kids later on. I'd definitely do modest ones if anyone were to see them. But I think the idea of doing pictures to give your kids later on is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes exactly:) ,
      I think that if you are keeping them between yourself and your husband that is fine- I just start to hestitate when people post them on facebook, etc.

      Delete
  3. AGREED! I like what your friend Angelie said above .. It can be a beautiful thing if the more intimate pictures are kept private .. In the past I've felt uncomfortable looking at friends pics because they've worn tiny shirts or have had them pulled up waay too high .. Pregnancy is an obvious beautiful thing but makes things awkward when women don't know how to keep themselves properly covered up ... EXCITED to see pics of you and baby marshall to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree, and couldn't even bring myself to take pictures like that to share with my husband. I'm a very modest person in general, and even more so pregnant. I also didn't have the stretch-mark free tummy that would even allow me to take such photos. I was very happy with the family pictures my husband and I took at our alma mater on a beautiful Spring day when I was a week shy of being induced. To each their own, though. I just couldn't see myself posting pictures nude from the waist up at any time, and especially not pregnant.

    ReplyDelete