Friday 10 August 2012

Missing My Second Home

As many of you know, I love camp. 
Joy Bible Camp (JBC) is my home away from home.
It is the camp where I have made so many life decisions with regards to my walk with God,
and the camp where I met my husband. 

I have been blessed and lucky enough to be able to go every summer since I was 6 years old and a little Explorer Camper. 



I have lifeguarded at camp, councilled (for both Explorer and Girls camp) as well as been a camper myself. 


There is something so refreshing about getting away from everything for even just a week.
To renew and refresh you passion for the God of all creation. 


That, meeting with some amazing people, along with the wonderful activities that are offered just make camp my favourite place to be. 


This year, I am unable to go to camp due to my work schedule. 
For the past 6 years, I would have been packing my bags all day today getting ready for Girl's Camp. 


 I love just seeing these girls being encouraged by the Word rather than discouraged by so much of the media that surrounds our lives. 


I am praying for these girls every day as they get ready for their week, and the councillors as they seek guidance from God in what to say and how to share the love of God with each of these girls individually. 

I won't lie, I'm sad I won't be joining in on this amazing week, and I won't be able to go to camp at all this summer.  But I am so excited to see what God is going to do with the faithful servants he has working there both this week and the whole summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment