Tuesday 14 August 2012

The Story of Us- Pt 3

[Make sure to check out Part 1 of our story and Part 2 ]

Wes now had the ring, and the permission to marry me. 
I knew it was coming (ask my friends), just not sure when. 
So, after waiting so long knowing Wes had a ring and the permission, it became a waiting game. 

On November 14 2009, Wes and I went on a trip to Niagra Falls (we had done this a few times beforehand so it wasn't anything out of the blue). 
We took me to a place overlooking the falls and I could see he was nervous but I just figured it was stress at work. 
It was really cold on this day, so I remember putting my hands in his sweater pocket and him acting very strange (apparently I had almost found the ring on him). 
As soon as I saw him get down on one knee (he had done so while I was turned away), I knew what was happening.  I was so excited I didn't really even let him finish his sentence. 

Afterwards, we went to the top of the Skylon Tower (basically it's like the CN tower but in Niagra), and had a beautiful candlelight dinner in the revolving restaurant while looking over the lit up falls. 





We were so excited that we were really at this next step (it had seemed like a very long time). 
We had a long engagement (a year and a half), but again, I was only 18 at the time he asked me to marry him so it was good that the engagement was long. 

Near the end of the engagement, we were busy planning the wedding and going to the wonderful showers our friends and family had planned for us (and of course- the bachelorette and bachelor parties).






If anybody has planned a wedding, you know it can be a bit stressful. 
Now write exams up until the day before your wedding... this was my life.
I rushed from my final exam straight to the wedding reception. 
We didn't have a firm place to stay until the day of our wedding (talk about stressful and having to let God take care of the details).
We didn't care though. 

We were finally going to get married.

1 comment: