Tuesday 31 July 2012

First Ultrasound

So yesterday Wes and I went to our first ultrasound! 

We were so excited (we had not heard or seen a heartbeat yet) and so nervous.
Beforehand, I had to drink water like no other... honestly-- drinking that much water without going the bathroom is not easy.  Now ask a pregnant woman to do this... I felt like I was going to explode the entire time!

Before letting Wes into the room, the doctor found all the important information and then let us both see the baby together for the first time (though I must admit... I tried to peak a few times beforehand..)

Wes came into the room and she let us both see the screen-- then we saw our little baby moving all around.  It's unreal.

Obviously, I knew I was pregnant beforehand, but it's not until we saw the baby that it really hit us

We are having a baby together.

I am starting a family with my best friend for the past 6 years
 He and I get the honour of parenting a child together!


5 comments:

  1. pretty unreal eh?? did they make you pee after all that?? or did they need the water? I remember I drank and was about to burst, and then they were like..oh you're too far along...go to the bathroom.

    Love the pictures you got too! So happy for you two!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely:)

      They didn't make me pee until after the appt-- but they considered me later than most first ultrasounds- which was fine she didn't have to check as much anatomy since the baby was obviously growing she said

      The pictures turned out well and both Wes and I could actually tell where the baby was without asking ;)

      Delete
  2. So awesome!! Congrats!! Nothing like seeing that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So is it a boy or a girl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still too early to tell-- We should be able to tell in another month or so (basically around the time of the next ultrasound)

      Delete