Monday 9 July 2012

Blunt Words


<>
[Please note I am not writing this to create any convictions but rather to create conversation as to whether or not this article is true- I would love any comments, whether it be agree or disagree]

I have been blessed to have parents who have stayed together (coming up on 26 years!) my whole life.  I realize how this is a blessing in today's society. 

According to statistics, the divorce rate in Canada is nearly 50%.  
35% of Canadian children are affected by divorce. 

Now, I understand that in some cases, it is much better to get the children out of the home (abusive situations). 

This being said, often you see parents talking badly about the other parent in front of the child.  I do not believe that this is good, no matter what the situation is.  A child should never hear this, as they will always have the other person as a part in their lives (whether a small or large part). 

As a parent, God has given you the opportunity to teach your child love for others.  Parents are one of the first examples of love that a child will see.  Often if this element is missing in the home (whether it be a single-parent home or not), the child will not be able to fully see what unconditional love is. 


What do you think?  Are the Judge's words too blunt?

No comments:

Post a Comment