Wednesday 25 July 2012

Welcome to the 2nd Trimester

Well there we have it-  I am officially through my first trimester of my first pregnancy.  According to books and websites, those symptoms I have been feeling lately should subside shortly and I will no longer feel the need to have a 2 hour nap in the middle of the day (or go to bed at 7 at night). 




I have been lucky I believe so far though with symptoms:
- I have only had a few mornings where I was to the point I needed a bucket in front of me **just in case**
- My husband wakes up early so he was all over the idea of going to bed earlier than normal
- That metallic taste in your mouth you hear about ?  I have only had it once in the past few weeks, but yes... I could not understand why my mouth tasted like I was sucking on tin foil
- I'm not having crazy mood swings (well... I dont think I am... maybe ask Wes about that one)


Otherwise though, other than the few symptoms here and there I think I may have lucked out with an easier first trimester than others. 
I can't believe I am a third of the way through this whole thing!  I can't wait to meet our little one (and see him/her for the first time on Monday)!

4 comments:

  1. excited for you!!! second trimester is the best (for me anyway)...third trimester is hard too but in a different way. It's just tiring and hard to move...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I will be working (hopefully) and doing a full course load at school during second and first month of third trimester so I'm praying it all works out!

      Delete
  2. Wow. 1/3 of the way there! It's gonna fly by!

    I'm so excited for you - what a wonderful experience you're going through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is flying... scary really...-- I'm so excited for baby Marshall to meet their aunt brookie!

      Delete