Tuesday 17 July 2012

Frugal Dates


Wes and I love to spend our Saturday afternoons with each other on a "date night" (or in our case afternoon).  Due to the fact that we are both young, I'm in school, and we have a baby on the way- we have had to make these dates more on the cheap side (though I must say they are just as great). 

Here are some ideas we have done (I would love any more ideas as well!):
  • Hikes
    • Wes and I love hiking and walking down trails.  We are currently checking out the local waterfalls and trails (they are plentiful!)
  • Beach Days
    • Now that summer is here, we find ourselves at the beach quite a bit-- it's free, fun and cools you off
  • Movie Nights
    • Wes and I love renting movies (or watching them on Netflix)- we try to make it so one of us picks it and the next time the other gets to pick (how else would I get him to watch my chick-flicks?)
    • If you want to go out for a movie- get a SCENE card (I know... sounds like another commercial) but seriously, the points add up quickly- that or look for coupons on cereal boxes
  • Drives
    • This may not be the longest date, but we find we talk alot while driving around.  Since Wes is a bricklayer, and I grew up in a family full of bricklayers, we love to look at the houses and make up our dream house
  • Mall
    • This could end up being a cheap date- or could backfire-  Set a budget and spend a few hours shopping (and not going over the budget)
  • Card Games
    • I grew up loving card and board games, and every now and again we pick out a few games and play them:)
  • Festivals
    • During the summer, there are little festivals everywhere!  Look in a local newspaper for one and check it out:)
  • Skiing/Snowboarding
    • Yes, this winter this option may not be doable due to the pregnancy but Wes and I love to get away for the day to snowboard and ski (Wes=snowboard Bre=Ski).  If you are a student like myself, there are often good deals for certain days:)

This being said, it never hurts to go a little more out there now and again.  We love going away for weekends (Winter Retreat Weekends, Cottage Weekends, Spend nights at a nice hotel), but we just have to make sure it is an occasional thing. 


How do you save money when planning your date nights?

No comments:

Post a Comment