Thursday 12 July 2012

Makeup Free

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight" 
1 Peter 3:3–4



Makeup can be a wonderful thing.  It can also be something that we (as ladies) tend to hid behind.  

While at camp one year, the ladies were challenged to go a day without makeup to show their true beauty.  It was wonderful to have a day where girls were able to go the whole day without hiding behind a mask.  This challenge can often be difficult for some people.  

There is nothing wrong with makeup, but when the makeup becomes something that you hid behind, that's where the whole makeup idea falls apart.  We were all made in God's image, Song of Songs 4:7 reads that we are altogether beautiful and there is no flaw in us.  This beauty does not come from the makeup we put on, and often we get stuck with the idea that it is the makeup that makes us beautiful.  This is not true.  
(Take a look at God's thought on us: Psalm 139:14)  

I now put the challenge out there again:  Are you able to go a day without makeup?  Are you using makeup to enhance your beauty or to define your beauty?


[And for the men out there reading- why don't you compliment these ladies now and again on their true beauty-- always nice to know there are true gentlemen out there]  





4 comments:

  1. I like your question "Are you using makeup to enhance your beauty or to define your beauty?" I think that helps to put it in perspective for people whether "for" or "against" makeup.
    -Allie Hyndman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was trying to make it clear that I don't think makeup is bad, but I do believe it can be turned into something bad.

      Delete
  2. I remember that day at camp.. I totaly agree with you. I never have been that big on make up at all. I think its nice once in a while. :)

    -Joanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never really been big on makeup- not because I'm against it- just for the time factor haha -- but I don't mind getting fancy every now and again:)

      Delete