Monday 5 November 2012

Get Real

Angel over at Voice of Adventure just posted this challenge on her blog:

The truth is I am SICK, SICK, SICK of people feeling all alone because they think everyone else is less screwed up than them. It's ridiculous. We all have our times we are flying high and our times we are doing a nose dive. Why do we all pretend? It's all a pack of lies wrapped in a bunch of arrogance. So I am going to give it my best shot and TRY to get real on this blog. This is a get real zone. No bull allowed.

Great right?!   So here it goes, this is me being real:


I love doing laundry and really don't mind dishes every now and again, but I hate making the bed... It seems pointless to me as it just gets messed up that night. 

I struggle with my daily devotions and keeping on track with my relationship with God.  I look at many other Godly woman in my life and wish I could have as much devotion as they do. 

I am online too much.  Whether it be talking to friends, blogging or looking at various posts online... it's too much.  I hate that. 

I struggle with school.  I want to be a teacher, and I am going to finish my degree but I am at the point that at times I really just don't see what the big deal is about this whole school thing. 

I love to wear socks and sandals... call it whatever you may... it is the most comfortable footwear you will ever wear. 

I wish I could sing.  I have many friends with this gift and I sometimes find myself envying it.

I worry constantly.  Finances, school, future parenting, everything... I try my best but there is always something in the back of my mind that I worry about. 

I love Chapman's Frozen Yogourt.  If I could sit and eat the whole tub... I would...

Though I have always wanted to be a mother, there is nothing more scary than the thought of giving birth. 

About once a month I have a meltdown, often about school or my lack of social life...  unfortunately Wes believes this to be PMS. 

Wes and I liked the name Seth for a boy at first... it was ruled out due to the fact that I wanted my child (if it was going to be a boy) to be able to properly pronounce his name and if his mother couldn't- he most likely wouldn't be able to either.  

I have many regrets in my life.  Though I know God forgives our sins, often I find it hard to forgive myself.

I really don't mind moving every few months (for those who don't know me... I have had over 10 homes since Fall 2009).  I get to throw out the stuff that I don't use and ensure that I only have what I use/need.  

I am no good at small talk .  I really am interested in what other's have to say and what is going on in their lives, but often I believe I can come off as uninterested (if I have came off this way to you -- I'm really interested!)

I haven't changed since I was young.  Seriously, you know how people change as they get older... ya... I missed out on that. 

Though I understand we are made beautiful in God's sight, I am still very self-conscious about my weight and appearance.  Being bullied for most of my childhood, I have always had my insecurities.


I have only looked like this one time in my life: my wedding day.  Usually it's more of a ponytail/jean sort of day.  


So there we have it.  If you ever read my blog and think of a happy, perfect life... not true.  I love my life, I love my husband and family, and mostly I love my God, but I have both ups and downs.  

3 comments:

  1. your beautiful both inside and out! Love reading your blog Bre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this Bre I learned so much about you!! :) I'm going to do this too, maybe tomorrow! <3 you ARE beautiful..and you'll do great when it comes time to give birth. It's only one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) -- Can't wait to read yours!

      Delete