Wednesday 8 August 2012

First Time Mom

This past weekend, Wes and I visited my grandparents cottage up north. 
My grandma, being a retired nurse, has been such a blessing in providing many books and things to read.  One of the books she had bought for me was First-Time Mom by Dr. Kevin Leman. 


<>


Now if anybody has ever read a pregnancy book, they aren't the most.. how do you say... thrilling reads.
This book however had me reading the whole thing throughout the weekend (yes, it's only a bit over 200 pages but it's still saying something!)

He talks about many topics on a real level and uses his personal stories to go along with much of what he is saying.

For those first-time mom's out there, this is defiantely a good read worth the time!

4 comments:

  1. If you can, go to a library and read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and Birthing From Within. I dont know the authors off the top of my head but it gives a great perspective on childbirth and how the it is supposed to be painful, but it's not supposed to be this scary and intense scenerio like you see on the TLC's A Baby Story. It gives it a natural light and makes it seem very exciting. I loved them both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard that that book is a good one from a few poeple- just have yet to find it- I will have to check out a few other libraries:) thanks:)

      Delete
  2. ohh that looks like a good read Bre!! My favourite book is called Loving the Little Years by Rachel Jancovic (I think I spelled that right). It's not about childbirth but more about have young kids..it's funny and written from a Christian perspective

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's what this book is like- not about pregnancy or anything more so raising the child from newborn up until toddler and a bit further:)

      Delete