Sunday 2 September 2012

God's Big Plans

If you asked me a year ago where I would be today- I would say I would be at Queen's University for Teacher's College unpacking and getting ready for classes.  I would have a part time job at the pool and I would be getting ready to go out for my 21st birthday tomorrow.  

God had a much different plan for me. 

When I found out I was pregnant in May- I was honestly not sure what to do.  I have always wanted to be a mother.  There is not doubt in my mind about that.  I just did not think it would be so fast.  

I was supposed to be going to Queen's in the fall, which would not be able to happen since I couldn't do full-time schooling and placements while taking care of a newborn.  
I'm only going to be 21 when I have the baby, I had no idea how we would have the finances to take care of a child.  
According to the plans I had for myself, I was not going to have a baby until I was out of school and the debt was paid off.  

Again, God had a much different plan for me.  

Today, I am almost 20 weeks pregnant (crazy right?), heading back to UWaterloo to finish off some more courses before I go to teacher's college next fall and doing some side jobs to help finances (since saving people in a pool isn't an ideal job when you are growing at a very quick rate).    

But the amazing thing is, God has really shown himself and the fact that he does have a plan for me in the past few months. 
 I was able to defer my acceptance to Queens for a year, and in the end I will only be graduating a term or two later than originally.  
God allowed me to get into all the classes I needed on very short notice (and not only that but with a schedule that leaves two days a week free for appointments!)
We have been lucky enough to move in with Wes' parents for a bit to help save money for when the baby comes.  
Today, I was hired for a wonderful babysitting job that works perfectly with my schedule and allows me to help with finances a bit (though Wes will most definitely still be the main provider).
And although it came earlier than expected- I will be a mother to a wonderful child of God- how lucky am I to be given that chance?



Though it is still a bittersweet feeling, it's hard seeing friends go off to Queen's and prepare for this big step of life at teacher's college- I know God has big plans for me and I am learning day by day to trust him more and more with each aspect of my life.   

2 comments:

  1. SO proud of you darling! You're going to be a WONDERFUL mother! Have a happy bday! :)

    ReplyDelete