Wednesday 5 September 2012

Our Current Child

For those of you who don't know, Wes and I already have a child together.... sort of. 

Wes and I currently sponsor a little girl named Jensi.  She is five years old and lives in Honduras.  

It all started in 2007 when I decided (with the help of my friend) that we would sponsor a child.  
Take a look at how it all went down here.

Since then, in 2011, the first boy I helped sponsor has moved into a part of Honduras where Compassion has not yet been able to reach, leaving Wes and I with the decision on whether we would continue sponsoring a new child or take our names out of the program.  

We decided that this was the type of ministry we would love to continue to support (even with our small financial income God has always made it possible to provide our monthly payments).  

Isn't she a beauty?!?
It has been such a blessing to receive all the letters and see how God is using Compassion Canada to reach the other parts of the world. 

I have been doubly blessed in being able to serve for a little amount of time in Honduras, so that I was truly able to see what the living conditions were like in the country that Jensi and Jorge live in.  

God has taught me so much through these two children.  
I have learned to trust God with things such as finances, I have learned what compassion is and to be aware of what is happening to the world around us and I have also learned that God can use little me to make an impact on somebody's life, no matter what my situation is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment