Tuesday 14 August 2012

The Story of Us- Pt 2

[For those of you who missed the first part to the story on how Wes and I met check it out here]





So now it was official- Wes and I were dating.



Now dating when you are 14 is different than dating when you are 20. 
But for me- this was a big step. 
As I said before, I wasn't much to date- Wes was my first real boyfriend- so when I started dating a boy who lived 40 minutes away (and nether of us could drive) it posed a bit of a problem.



Luckily for us, Wes had a sister.
Many times, I would "visit Em" but in all reality it wasn't Emily I was visiting (though it was still nice to see her as well!)
Our parents have a huge part in our story, as for years it was them who drove us back and forth every weekend. 
We would spend each weekend with each other, rarely missing a Saturday of seeing each other (except for the odd occasion).
One week, my parents got tired of driving us and told me that I would have to find my own way there this week or just not go (thinking that of course the only logical thing would be to skip the week). 



Instead, both Wes and I decided that we would bike to see each other. 
So there I was 6 am on a July morning, biking to Brantford (about 40 km for those who aren't familiar with the area).  Wes and I met up halfway and continued back to Brantford together.  It was fun and challenging all at the same time (we had a lazy day otherwise- watched alot of movies and tv). 

We councilled together at camp the following Summer (2007), making sure that we kept the whole "Febreeze and Flip Dating" thing on the downlow for the kids (our camp names).


Wes has always been somebody who can make me laugh, and who is able to cheer me up on bad days.



[Take this for instance: One day (in 2006) we were talking about how Wes should write me a poem to show me how much he loved me- This is what he came up with :

I was fiddling around with my flute
When I was stopped by someone so cute.
She said hey young man, wanna smoochie?
I said not from you , you friggin hoochie.
She had a cough and cleared her throat.
She said young man I ought to slit your throat.
She gave me a look I couldn't resist.
I said hey hoochie I want to kiss.
After one kiss it turned to more ,
they will love eachother forever more
Love you Bre
From Me ( Wes ) haha u r not a hoochie though

Like I said, we aren't the most romantic couple ;)]



Wes and I continued dating, we went to each other's proms and semiformals as well as sporting events, etc.


After a while we started to talk about our future's and whether or not we were in this whole thing seriously or not.  We were. 


Wes bought my engagement ring right before my high school graduation.  We had looked at rings a bit beforehand just to show him what I liked and didn't like. 



I had two big things I needed Wes to have done before I would agree to spending my life with him:
1. He had to have a good paying job (not just part-time but a career job)
2. He had to ask my Dad's permission beforehand (I knew my Dad would be honest as to whether or not he thought Wes was the guy for me- which I knew he was)

In summer 2009, Wes and my Dad went out for dinner and he asked my father's permission to marry me.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment