Thursday 6 June 2013

From Critic to Mimic

Today while driving home from my parent's house, I was listening to a radio station that was talking about a recent study done.
This study was aimed to answer the question:
At what age do women start acting like their mothers? 



Immediately I knew the answer the announcer would soon reveal to be true: 
36% of women said this change happened after the birth of their first child. 

This could not be more true. 

Throughout my teenage years, there were various things my mother would say in which I did not understand at all.  
I remember thinking I would never say such things ever. 
I always thought about how different my mother and I were.


And then I became the mother. 
Often I catch myself saying things that previously have came out of my mom's lips 
word for word.
Things I didn't really think I would catch on at all.  

While at my parents I have caught them talking about things and having conversations, 
the exact same conversations I had with Wes only a few hours earlier. 
(You know the ones revolving around Call of Duty and why men like it)

Thinking about how Peyton may catch onto my sayings and habits, 
I really have begun to think about if these are things I want my daughter catching on. 
This immitation has already started as I see how many small habits Peyton
has caught on just by watching Wes and I.


My Little Mimic- She knew exactly what the cup
was for without anybody saying anything!


I have been blessed with a wonderful mother, 
and if I can set the same example she set for me for Peyton, 
I will be one happy Mother!




No comments:

Post a Comment