Wednesday 19 June 2013

Breastfeeding Funny

I always find it funny to see different reactions while breastfeeding.   
At first, the whole concept was very awkward for me and I would only feed behind closed doors.
Then I realized how often babies eat.
I literally never got out...

More and more I am using the wonderful invention of a cover 
(though I have nothing against not covering just my preference).  

This past weekend we joined another family at our church for a barbecue.
They have two young girls.
Peyton started getting fussy, so I decided she was probably due for a feeding.
This is the conversation I had with the two girls (let's all them M and B for short):


M: What are you doing?
Me: Feeding Peyton she's getting pretty hungry.
M: where is her bottle?
Me: She doesn't need a bottle, I feed her myself 
B: She eats from her tummy M
M: she goes back into your tummy to eat ?!
Me: not quite
B:( in a hushed voice) Not her eating tummy.... Here (motioning towards her chest)
M:   SHE EATS YOUR BOOBS?!


I find it so funny how children understand things we tell them.   
Later, while Wes was holding Peyton, M was even so kind to put the cover on Wes when she thought Peyton might be hungry again.   
Sweet, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment