Tuesday 18 June 2013

Getting Out There

Ever since starting university, I find it hard to meet new people. 
Growing up in a small town where everybody knew everybody, 
honestly I never had to meet many people. 

After having Peyton, I found it even harder to meet people as you are taking care of a baby 
most of the day for the first few months, 
and I really didn't know many people at all in the area in the same position as me.

Though I have a wonderful set of friends back at home, I found it hard to meet friends my own 
age and at the point in life I'm at in the town I live in. 

Once you know me, I'm the type of person who can talk for very long periods of time. 
But it takes a while to get me to open up. 
I wish it didn't, but it does. 

I'm used to a schedule that is filled fairly quickly with church, school, work and friends, 
and suddenly I had a schedule that is completely free- all the time. 
Honestly, I do love it- but it does get lonely. 
Ask any stay-at-home mom and I'm sure she will agree. 
There is only so much baby talk you can do before you start longing for some adult interaction. 


I decided to join a few baby and me classes this past week, and honestly I've been filling up my calendar with various free events and classes.  
It has been so nice to meet other moms and even some my own age! 

I'm so very thankful that God has allowed me to go out of my comfort zone and 
do things I normally would not do alone.
I do hope I am able to get to know more of these moms better,
but for now- I am happy to just get out there and let God do the rest.   

One of the ways we like to spend our summer days--
At the Beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment