Friday 23 December 2011

Encouragement Goes a Long Way

This past week, I had one of those days where I just felt useless.   We have all had them.  We start comparing out outward appearance, the things we are doing and anything else we can to those in magazines, etc.   I basically had no idea how God was using me and how he planned to use somebody like me.  

The next day, I woke up to a lovely message from an old friend.  It was such an encouragement, and seriously made my day so much better.  I went from such a low to such a high.

God tells us that encouraging each other is a great way to go, and it builds each other up.


1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.


I often find in the busyness of my own life, I forget to encourage others.  And not just saying they have nice hair (though there is nothing wrong with this), but real honest encouragement, showing them that you are taking the time to let them know that they are loved and appreciated.  


So as we go into the crazyness of the Christmas season, let's not forget to give encouraging words to others.  To the friend who encouraged me the other day-- thank you, you are truly an amazing woman of God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment