Monday 9 January 2012

Busy Busy

So as many of you know, I am working my way towards a math and teaching degree at the University of Waterloo/Queens (with a second teachable in French).  To pay for this, I work at a pool as well as some tutoring after school.  More often than not, my nights consist of homework, cooking supper, cleaning and well more homework.  

I got around to reading the story of Martha and Mary today... if you haven't heard it basically Jesus comes for a visit and Mary sits at the Lord's feet while Martha cleans, cooks and gets ready (seeing as the Lord is at her house).  I think so often we can look at this story and think how easy it would be for Martha just to stop what she is doing and spend that beautiful quality time with the Lord.  I mean let's be honest, the house will get dirty again, but it is not every day that Jesus comes to visit.

But then... I look at my own life... we have the wonderful opportunity to spend quality time with Jesus each and every single day, yet... I know from my own experience, I too am often too busy with the daily chores and forget what is really important.

These daily chores must be done, but let's not forget the real purpose we are put on this earth.  Let's take time to worship God, adore his wonderful creation and further the Kingdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment