Tuesday 10 January 2012

Nobody's Perfect

Often, I find myself putting myself down.  I tell myself that I cannot make a difference in this world and I wouldn't be God's first choice.   I look at the wonderful examples we have in the Bible and draw the conclusions that these people were the people who were "perfect".  But here's the thing...


Abraham was old
Jacob was insecure
Leah was unattractive
Joseph was abused
Moses stuttered
Gideon was poor
Samson was co-dependent
Rahab was immoral
David had an affair
Elijah was suicidal
Jeremiah was depressed
Jonah was reluctant
Naomi was a widow
John the Baptist was eccentric to say the least
Peter was impulsive and hot tempered
Martha worried a lot
The Samaritan woman had several failed marriages
Zacchaeus was unpoplular
Thomas had doubts
Paul had poor health
Timothy was timid


The Bible shows us that everybody has an insecurity and falls short of God sometimes.  But God still used them in amazing ways.   


Though I cannot directly relate to all of these, there are definitely those examples that I know exactly how they feel.  Growing up, I have always had my insecurities about my looks along with a lisp that caused a lot of grief in my life.  I still felt as though God had given me the gift of teaching.  Yet... how could I teach... a girl who can't even pronounce things properly.

For me, it wasn't until I gave all my insecurities to Christ and allowed him to work through my life that I saw that God really does use everybody for specific purposes, even with imperfections.   

Everyone has something that can be a hindrance to serve God.  Nobody's Perfect.  What is holding you back?

No comments:

Post a Comment