Wednesday 3 January 2018

Resolutions

New Year Resolutions... it's something that you hear a lot about this time of year.  I'm not naive in making a resolution- I realize more likely than not, I will not meet my resolutions.  However, I do want to show a resiliency.  If I don't make my goals, I want to try again and again and again until I reach that goal.

For this year, I would like to develop good habits. Last year, God showed me a lot about the downfall of being busy, and although this is always something I will struggle with- I do believe I have made some serious steps into decluttering my life and taking the moment in for what it truly is.

If I had to choose one word for this year, it would be growth.  Growth in my relationships, my faith and basically every part of my life. To do this, I have set some goals for my year (and I would love to accountability of friends and family over the year!)
Some of my goals:


  • Read through the Bible from cover to cover 


Though I have read through majority of my Bible- there is still so much I am missing and so many promises I want to dig into deeper.  I have yet to read my Bible from cover to cover, and I would love to make the step to do that this year.  

Click here to join me!


  • Take more time for my health throughout the year 
Not going to lie, I have sadly let this part slip so much these last few years.  As a mom it can be so hard to make time for yourself between all your other commitments.  I have joined a gym and I am hoping my 'cheap' side to me will make it incentive to use the membership I am paying for (and to be quite honest I have loved all the classes I have tried out thus far). 

  • Set a good example for my girls and family in all that I do
I was listening to a podcast recently and though I cannot remember the actual quote but it talked about how often we can let ourselves just 'get past this moment' and once we do that we can slow down.  I live by this so often. Days, weeks and years go by where I say once I get to the next point, I can finally slow down.  I need to stop this and truly live for the moment rather than pushing towards the next moment.


So yes, I do have goals about my life, my health, my faith and my debt... but perhaps instead of calling them New Year Resolutions, I can call them goals.  I know I will most likely fail, but I hope to continue to push towards reaching them no matter how long it may take.  


What goals do you have for the year? 
If you learned one thing in 2017 what would you say it was?  

No comments:

Post a Comment