Friday 15 June 2012

You are My God

[Note: Another blog I wrote in 2010, just trying to put all my writings in one place:) ]



I was doing my devotions today, looking at Psalm 63, and one thing just really stood out to me. David was in the wilderness, I'm sure it wasn't the place he was planning to be yet if you look this chapter it just shows the character of David and where our priorities should be.
David doesn't start by asking God why he let this happen to him, he doesn't start by listing off all the things that have gone wrong, or even by asking things of God...
the first thing he says is
"O God, you are my God..." Psalm 63:1a
He doesn't say "you are the God", or "you are a great God" (though all these true he makes sure to say MY God).
How privileged are we to have the honor to call the God , the same guy who made universes among universes with just one breath, to call the same God our own God. !

I look at my attitude and, i wish to have the same attitude as david, through good times and bad. Sure it is easy to praise God through the highs of life, but when we are in a desert we have to also remember to praise him .
The God who made everything loves each person, and yes we have hard times but it's through these times that God reveals himself to us.
David later goes on to say
"I lie awake thinking of you, meditating through the night... I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings" (vs 7-8)
I know many times I say that God is my God, but then I don't acknowledge it until the next week of church, or the next time something happens that makes me pray for things to work out my way.
I want to go so much deeper with my relationship with God, so much so that I cannot get to sleep at night because the excitement is overwhelming. THE GOD WHO MADE THE UNIVERSE LOVES ME!

And if any body is wondering, he most definately loves you too.

So thats my thoughts for today, I just pray that we will all have the faith to live in such a way that the first thing we say every day, every high, and every low is with the same attitude and thoughts that David had in Psalm 63

"O God, you are my God;
I earnestly search for you.
My soul thirsts for you;
my whole body longs for you." (vs 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment