Friday 15 June 2012

Stained Glass Window

[Note: This was a post I wrote in 2011 before starting my blog, I really want all of my posts in one place, so I am going to re-post it on here.  ]



Beautiful. Many people when they think of this word have a distorted view of what beauty really is. So often we strive towards the world's ideal and forget about what really matters.

God has said that we are made in his image (we are made in the image of GOD!) yet for many of us these words don't have as strong of an impact as they should.

Song of Songs 4:7 "You are altogether beautiful my darling, there is no flaw in you"

Why is it then, that it is so easy for us to find faults in our "beauty" when God cannot find one? Perhaps the world's definition of beauty is so far off of the true meaning that we in fact are striving for the completely wrong thing.

Fashion, looks and wealth comes and goes but its your attitude, love towards others and love towards God that will stay with you.

One quote I have come across that I just loved reads that people are like stained-glass windows
"They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within" - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Perhaps instead of striving to be like the women on the front of the magazines, we should look at those women in our life that have a rock-solid faith and love for others, or those women in the bible that truly showed their beauty through the steps of faith that they took and take some "beauty tips" from them.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great quote about how people are like stained glass! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:) I thought it was pretty fitting:)

      Delete