Wednesday 27 February 2013

Peyton's First Month

Wow! People were not joking when they said that the time goes by fast!

Peyton is one month old!
One month ago at this time, I was walking into the hospital, really not with the slightest clue of how much my life would change.
One month ago, I was being told that I would have to go into surgery for a C-section and that I would have my daughter in my arms in less than an hour.
One month ago, I was spending my first night alone in the hospital with my daughter, unable to fall asleep as I looked at her just hoping I would be able to do this whole parenting thing.


Here are the things I have learned and come to love about my daughter as well as her big steps this month:
--> She loves being held, the moment she is put down she starts crying
--> She loves the fireplace as well as sleeping with a blanket over her head, though I find myself peeking under quite a bit to make sure she is okay
--> She knows both of our voices-- the other day I walked in the room and started talking and she woke up when she heard my voice
--> she is starting to focus on things and loves watching her mobile go around and around
--> She passed her hearing test and now that she's a bit older I can see how much she loves music and her lullaby songs
--> though she hates getting naked or her diaper changed, she is starting to not cry as much as she realizes it has to be done
--> She loves bouncing so often Wes and I must take turns bouncing her as your legs can only bounce for so long before becoming tired


Some funny saying from the first month:
--> I was feeding Peyton and asked her if she was full yet to which Wes replied half sleeping ....Not really...
--> I was telling Wes about my day and said how Peyton hadn't slept all day or most of the night- I look over and she had the biggest smirk on her face I have ever seen.


Our time is now filled with diaper changes, rocking Peyton and planning our day around when Peyton will be hungry, but it really is all worth it!

Here are some pictures of Peyton on her 1 month birthday! (Taken by me... sorry they definitely ARE NOT professional.)







1 comment:

  1. Look at her little cardigan! Oh my stars - she's just too stinkin' cute.

    ReplyDelete