Monday 25 February 2013

Now I Understand

It's funny how growing up I never really understood how much your parents have done for me.


My mother carried me for  9 months in her stomach.
She fed me and clothed me each and every day (this is no easy task!)
She decided to stay home to raise me so I could have a strong relationship with her.
She put up with my fussiness, my back-talking and my grumpy days.
She nurtured me and taught me how to be a mother to my own child.
She taught me how to be a wife that is loving to her husband.
She taught me what true love was and to wait for a man that is worth marrying.




My father provided the finances to have the lifestyle that I did.
He came home tired from work each day, but still had enough energy to play with me and my siblings.
He taught me the importance of having a strong relationship with God.
He showed me how a man should treat me if he really loves me.
He sat through all my swim meets on a weekly basis and got involved in every way he could.
He supported my mother and took on the job of being the head of the household.
He spent quality time with each child doing things we enjoyed.


There are so many things that I took for granted when it comes to my parents, but after even just a month of parenting I am realizing how big these things really are.  I am seeing how great of parents they were and how great of grandparents they are as well as I watch them interact with Peyton.

I am so grateful for everything they have done for me and I really do hope that I can be the type of parent that they both were to me.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your parents!

    I think the way you turned out (which is a wonderful person, loving wife, and the best friend I could have ever asked for) is a testiment to how well you were raised and loved by your parents.

    ReplyDelete