Thursday 28 February 2013

The One You Need

A good friend of mine shared this video with me today, and it really got me thinking.


How true is it that we are going to mess up as parents no matter how hard we try?
I know I have been going at this thing for a month and I have messed up quite a bit already.
It's a huge step going from not having a child to having one.
From being concerned about yourself and your husband to having this small child completely dependant on you,
I know I have at times looked at other mothers and thought
Wow they have it all together, they really have this whole thing down
Then I look at myself, forgetting things everywhere, stressed, trying to do the whole wife student mother and still have somewhat of a social life of my own.

But the lyrics to this song really got me

I wish that I could be your everything 
Be the one to give you all the things you'll need 
Sometimes I'm gonna let you down 
But there's the One and if you'll just believe 
He'll be your hero like He's always been for me 
Darling, Jesus is the one you need. 


Jesus is the only one who will be everything we need.
The ONLY One.

How great is it knowing that- it's okay if we mess up!  God knows we aren't going to be perfect and that is why he sent his Son to us.

As a parent it is my prayer that my daughter realizes that Jesus is the one she needs.





No comments:

Post a Comment