Wednesday 12 December 2012

In Mary's Shoes

I love this time of year. 
Everybody is cheerful, people are more giving and more accepting
and I just love the thought that we get to celebrate the birth of Jesus with our friends and family. 

This Christmas is especially special for me. 
This will be my last Christmas not being a Mom.  
I have found myself thinking of things much differently in terms of things that Mary may have felt while she was expecting her baby boy.  

Just think about it.  
Here was a young girl, engaged but still with so much life in front of her. 
And the God of Creation chose her to carry his one and only son. 

Honestly, I feel blessed that God has chosen me to be a mother to a little girl very soon. 
But how amazing knowing God chose you to be the mother to the King of Kings.  
Unreal. 

Maybe it is just me, but before this year I always just thought about Mary as this pregnant woman in a stable. 
But she, just like anybody who has been pregnant before, had to wait 9 months while this baby formed in her body.  
Can you imagine, having Jesus grow in you? 
Knowing the first time he kicked you that the same human was going to save you? 

With pregnancy, I'm finding there are also concerns and worries that sometimes arise. 
The thoughts of whether or not you will be a good parent, whether or not you will raise your child in the way God intended and whether or not your child will see how much you love them are thoughts that always find a way to peak through.

What about Mary? 
She knew that this was God's son she was having and he was the only sinless man to walk the earth.  
Can you imagine how these thoughts would have been in her mind? 

I'm so glad I will be able to celebrate Christmas with this little baby inside of me, 
I'm so glad I can gain a different perspective on the Christmas Story.  



Mary was new to the parenting thing, just as I will be.  
And it is comforting knowing God still chose her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment