Monday 31 December 2012

Welcome 2013!

As 2012 comes to an end and 2013 makes it's way here, I see more and more people posting their resolutions for the new year.
To be completely honest I am not sure what resolutions to make as so often God tends to change things in my life so quickly.

A year ago today, I was at a completely different place in my life.

2012 has definitely been a year of surprises and ups and downs.
Wes and I found out we were going to be parents in May.
I was finally able to get involved with the children's ministry at church and go back to helping at AWANA each week.
God showed his wonderful way of providing as we got blessed by friends and family in both big and small ways.
Wes started doing many side jobs as a bricklayer, with hopes that he will be able to start a business sometime in the future.
Though I was unable to attend Teacher's College as originally planned this year, I was accepted and able to defer it to next September.

This list goes on and on, yet coming back to the point where I ask myself what are my goals for the upcoming year I realize that my goals may not be the traditional type of resolutions, but they are what is important to me now.

I hope to be a mother that is loving, patient and able to provide fully for my daughter.
I want her to grow up in a home where she is able to be herself and see that the God of the universe loves her with all his heart.
I hope that Wes and I will be able to continue with this wonderful marriage we have shared thus far, and not get frustrated with each other when trials come our way.
I want to be a person that my friends can rely on and trust when they need somebody to talk to.

Obviously these things will not all come naturally and probably not all at the same time.  But it's something to work towards.
God has really change my life plans this past year and I am very excited to see where this next year will bring me.


No comments:

Post a Comment