Monday 29 September 2014

2 Peter


2 Peter 2:9
So you see, the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials, even while keeping the wicked under punishment until the day of final judgment.  

How often do I find myself saying "That's not fair"....
I try to decide what is fair and what is not but in all reality God knows everything and we will be rewarded in the future.  For now, I am to continue living a life that is holy to God.



2 Peter 2:8-10
But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: 
A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day.  The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise, as some people think.  No, he is being patient for your sake.  He does not want anyone to be destroyed but wants everyone to repent.  But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief.  Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment. 

God is so good.  He is being patient with us, so that we can come to know him rather than be destroyed.  What an amazing act of love!



2 Peter 2: 17 
Be on guard so that you will not be carried away by the errors of these wicked people and lose your own secure footing.
This verse caught me.  I have been falling away from what is important in this life, and my secure footing.  It was a great reminder of being able to live a holy life and not being tempted by those around me to do what I know is not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment