Wednesday 10 September 2014

1 Peter 1

I'm really excited to dive into this book, as the first chapter is so full of applicable life messages to everybody!
 
  
vs 6-7
So be truly glad.  There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while.  These trials will show that your faith is genuine.  It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold- though your faith is far more previous than mere gold.  SO when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honour on the day when jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.  
There have been many trials in my life the last few years, and it's so nice to have the reminder about these trials not lasting and they are a way of testing my faith.  What an encouragement to keep going:) 


vs 14 -15
So you must live as God's obedient children.  Don't slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires.  You didn't know any better then. 
But you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. 
We are God's children and we are to live like that.  For me this Bible study has been such a blessing as I am spending more quality time learning about my God, as before I was slipping into my ways of going about my daily schedule and honestly just doing what I wanted rather than living out my faith.  
Notice the word EVERYTHING in verse 15.  How often do we live "holy lives" in parts of our life but forget others?  

And finally, 
vs 2 
God the Father knew you and chose you long ago, and his Spirit has made you holy.  
How awesome to think the God that created this earth chose us to be his children before we were even born?  I know we hear it a lot but if you really think about him choosing someone as little as me... it is a humbling thought!


What has God taught you through this chapter? 

No comments:

Post a Comment