Friday 24 January 2014

Mommy Wars

I came across this post this week, which I loved so I wanted to pass it along.
Stop the Mommy Wars

So often, I find myself comparing my parenting to other friends that have children. 
I think I often forget that every child is different.

Honestly though, I find we make comparisons on the things that in the wide scheme of things do not matter.
I have been given so much advice over this past year,
I just want to tell others
"I am parenting my child the way I choose, I do not need to parent her as you parent your child--
and that is okay"

I cloth diaper (except when visiting others)
I breastfeed (and still do even though she is a year old)
I co sleep (We have tried other methods, it doesn't work for us)
I have a wrap to wear my baby, and a stroller (depending on the occasion)

These are some of the decisions I have made for my daughter,
you may have different opinions. 
And that's okay.

I think what really matters is what we are instilling in our children,
how we are teaching them to treat others and what priorities we are passing down to our children. 
Those are the things that will be with us in years to come,
why not focus on those things and help those other mommies in your life
rather than try to push your way of parenting on them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment