Friday 3 January 2014

Desperate

This week, I am starting a Bible Study with a group of young moms on the book Desperate.
After being invited to take place, and reading what the book was on, I was so excited to dive in. 
This past year, though it has been such a joy and I love my daughter with all my heart, has been tough. 
I have felt loneliness like never before at points, and sometimes I really thought I wouldn't be able to stick this all through.   
I am so blessed that God has begun to show me the role he has chosen me to take on when I became a mother.   


With all that being said, I would like to keep track of the verses and notes throughout this Bible Study.  

Isaiah 41:10 
"Do not fear, for I am with youl do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

Matthew 11:28
"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavyladen, and I will give you rest."

To Do: 
Make a list of all that is causing you fear, anxiety, or weariness.  
Then give these things to God. 


So where do I start...
fear, anxiety or weariness seems to take up alot of my life.  
I know, these things should be given to God.
Time after time He has shown me his power and parts of His Great Plan, 
but so often I forget and let me worry overtake me . 
  • Fears about whether or not I'm being a good enough Mother to Peyton
  • Worries about finances and how we will pay the next bills
  • Worries about what others think of me and the choices I am making 
  • Fears about making sure I am showing Wes how much I care for him (even through those silly fights)
  • Worries about upcoming tests/assignments/school-related projects 
Honestly, the list goes on and on.....


God I give them to you.  
I understand I am a mess of a person. 
But everybody is right? 
Please take what I have and use it for your glory, 
whatever you can salvage from this mess of me. 
I understand the big part I am playing in your plan, and in Peyton's life.
Please let me raise her (and any future children) in a way that is pleasing to you. 
I pray you let me find my rest and peace in you.  
Amen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment