Tuesday 30 April 2013

In Response To: "Having Babies {In An Opposite World}

I came across this post today and just had to share.  Take a look at this mother's response to young pregnancies.



When I first found out I was pregnant, I was in shock.  I had been on birth control, so I was not expecting it at all.  
I had always knew I would be a mother one day, the Lord willing.  
But I had my plans.  I was going to finish school, travel a bit, own a house and then we would start our family.
God has his plans.  Plans far greater than mine- and thank goodness for that.

I remember when I found out, though I was in shock I was also excited and scared out of my mind. 
So many thoughts went through my head in such a short period of time. 
I was terrified to tell family and friends as I wasn't sure how they would take it.

I remember going to school and getting those stares day after day.  
Even though we had been married for a year before we got pregnant, 
I felt like I was in high school still as other students stopped and looked at my baby bump. 


Though we haven't followed the norm of finishing school before starting our family,
I wouldn't wish it any other way. 
Yes, it will be hard in the first few years,
our finances will be tight,
we won't be able to travel the world for quite a while,
and we can no longer live our lives for just ourselves.  
But I love the fact that I will be young and able to play with my daughter as she grows up.
I love that we will have more time with her.
And I am so very thankful for this beautiful girl God has blessed us with.  


Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from Him. ~ Psalm 127:3

God loves his children, they are gifts from Him. 
So why is it so often when young couples get pregnant early others make comments 
about age, wealth, and whether or not the pregnancy was planned. 
It's okay to be scared, but just remember how great a gift you have been given.  
No matter what age you are.  

My Beautiful Baby Girl



Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment