Tuesday 27 March 2012

The Walk from a Selfish to a Servant Heart- Pt 2

As I continue to learn more about serving God, I came across a very useful list for me.  Just a little Motive Check:

"... we must never forget that why we service is as important as how we serve- the motives of our heart really make a difference.  Jan Johnson, author of Living a Purpose-Full Life, suggests a series of helpful questions that can help us 'do the work of Christ with the heart of Christ."
* Am I serving to impress anyone?
* Am I serving to receive external rewards?
* Is my service affected by moods and whims (my own as well as others)?
* Am I using this service to feel good about myself?
* Am I using my service to muffle God's voice demanding I change?"
Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by: Joanna Weaver


Now,  if you are anything like me, one (or more) of those questions probably stuck out to you.  So, when we serve- let's check our motives first and ensure that we are serving as Jesus did, not just physically but also emotionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment