Monday 5 March 2012

If We Are the Body

For those who know me this may or may not be a surprise for you.  I am a shy person.  Of course, once you get to know me- you may not be able to get me to be quiet.  But until that point I am very quiet, and for me it is very hard to get to know new people.
Ever since I started university,  I have tried to get to know people but it has been hard due to many factors.

Tonight I decided after much consideration to go to a Bible study.  My hopes were that I would be able to meet some strong Christians from the area and groups I could get involved with.  I found myself sitting by myself for a good portion of the time...   it then hit me, how often have I been at church when new people come and just ignore them.
Sometimes we get so involved with our little cliques and group at church, we forget that there may be people who are visiting who maybe had to build up alot of courage just to show up to the Bible study.  How different would it be if we gladly opened our arms to new people.  

A great music video to watch:




But here's the cool thing.  After sitting by myself for most of the time one girl decided to sit by me and we got talking.  Although she most likely did not think much of the action, it meant so much to me that she took the time to welcome me.

I really do pray that I will be the kind of person that will be open and welcome to others, because you never know how that will affect that person's day, week or even view on the everlasting God.

No comments:

Post a Comment