Tuesday 24 June 2014

Ear Piercings


Yesterday, Peyton and I went to get her ears pierced.  Though I realize many people do not agree with getting a young child's ears pierced, I did as a child and I am happy my mom got them done for me.  She loves them and although there were a few tears at first (they stopped as soon as she got her juice box), once she saw them she was grinning from ear to ear.  

Here are the reasons I chose to get them done:

  • She won't remember the pain when she is older 
  • If she decides she doesn't want earrings later on in life, she can take them out
  • It was something I thought about for a long time (I started asking about it over a year ago and weighed both sides of the argument before making my decision)
  • I chose a place that does both ears at one time to ensure it was only a one time "Ouch" moment
  • Let's be honest.... they are cute:)
Again, differing opinions on this, but as long as you weigh both sides and make an informed decision and are prepared to clean them as needed-- I don't see anything wrong with getting ears pierced young.  

What do you think about piercing a baby's ears?

1 comment:

  1. Was searching for my GF’s blog and came across yours. Started reading and came to your recent post about piercing your daughter's ears. She looks totally adorable with little CS'z. It reminded me of my own experience having our dd's ears pierced at about the same age. I actually dreamed of my baby with earrings when the nurses first handed her to me in the delivery room, she had little gold studs in each ear :) After she was born, I could hardly wait to get them pierced.

    This was a perfect age to pierce her ears! I promise you were a smart mommy for doing it as an infant so she’ll just grow up with them. Promise you will have many moms envious of your decision and wish they had pierced their girls as infants. Babies and little girls with little pierced ears celebrates
    their femininity and femaleness. Their is nothing cuter than seeing a little baby girl with pretty gold earrings. If she was ever called a boy, then I promise she won't be mistaken for a boy ever again!

    Our ped encouraged me doing it when mommy could care for them. Also, she gave me some info for moms having their dd’s ears pierced to find the right person and place to do it.Would be happy to share by e-mail with any moms wanting more info or trying to decide ” to pierce or not to pierce.”

    Amy
    amyswor1765@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete