Wednesday 6 November 2013

Making Our Own Traditions

I love this time of year, 
Christmas trees are going up, 
Music is playing, 
and families are starting to partake in their annual Christmas traditions.  

As Wes and I are putting together our first Christmas for Peyton, 
I find myself wondering what traditions I want to do with my family. 

Due to the fact we have not been able to settle down into our own house yet, these traditions may need to be minimized a bit until a house is more realistic for us. 
 But I most definitely plan to have our own little Christmas traditions in our little two-bedroom apartment.  

Traditions like putting up our Christmas tree mid-November, with the Christmas music playing loud and clear. 
Traditions like having a family snow day where we go for a walk and have fun in the beautiful snow all around us. 
Traditions like sending out family Christmas cards to close family and friends, so people are able to see what God has done in our lives the past year. 
Traditions like having a family Christmas movie day (Elf being a most definite part of this day). 
And traditions like visiting our family and friends (I have been so blessed to be able to get together with my high school support group each and every Christmas and cannot wait until we meet again this year and see what we have all been up to)


What traditions do you partake in each year?  

No comments:

Post a Comment