Tuesday 8 December 2015

Discipline

Recently I have started a devotional about priorities.
For anybody who knows me, you know I like to be busy.
I have always gladly taken on new challenges (which can be both a blessing and a curse).
I have found recently my priorities need a bit of changing in many aspects of my life.  Over the next few days I will write more in depth about these changes, but one quote that really hit me that I would love to share is :
Biblical Discipline is DELAYED GRATIFICATION

Hebrews 12:11
11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

Over these next few weeks, I am praying that God teaches me this discipline spiritually, financially, through my time management, and physically.   
These are not easy aspects to be disciplined in, but God promises a peace for those who take the time to be disciplined.  

No comments:

Post a Comment