Monday 7 October 2013

Hello, My name is Mrs. Marshall

Today I started my practicum at a local high school.

How strange it felt to be back in high school, but on the other side of things.
It's hard to believe that in only a year and a bit I will be done school (hopefully) and have my own classes.

I really do hope I can be a teacher that is understanding, caring and accommodating for all students.
Growing up, I liked school --- but I know in many cases this is not true (especially in the subjects I will be teaching which are Math and French).
I want to be a teacher that listens to the students and gets to know what they enjoy doing,
and what they aspire to be in the future.
I want them to be thankful to be given the chance to have an education.
I know that those years are tough, but I want them to know that there is always somebody who cares for them no matter what they think.

So here I go--- three more weeks in school until I'm back to studying myself.
Back to being Bre,
but for now
My name is Mrs. Marshall.

No comments:

Post a Comment