Tuesday 14 February 2012

No Greater Love Than This

 To all my friends, family and of course Wesley... Happy Valentines Day!  

To go along with this day, I thought I would share some of the cool things I have been learning in my most recent read "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan.

I highly recommend this book and will not go over the whole thing but one thing I found interesting was the topic:
"If God is a loving God why does he threaten me with the idea of Hell if I do not love him in return?"

At first glance, I am sure that I am not the only one who at some point just thought that being a Christian and loving God was the right thing to do... you know the thing that keeps you out of hell.   But the thing is we are so blessed to be even given the chance to love God, and even more so to have him love us back.   Just taking a moment to stand in awe of our wonderful Lord, we will see that he is a powerful and wonderful Saviour.  He showed us the greatest love of all by sending his Son to die for us.

So coming back to the question presented above:
If God is a loving God, why wouldn't he point us in the direction of the best thing there is for us, even if that is himself.

Like a father would, he warns us of the future.  He tries his best to direct us away from danger... but in the end the choice is ours.  So in fact, God isn't being unloving by telling us and steering us away from Hell, but this is one of the most loving moves anybody could do.  


Happy Valentines day!  I hope your day has been full of outgoing and incoming love (and I hope this continues throughout the year, not only one day of the year).   Don't forget to get a hold of the greatest love there is out there- the love of God, and to allow this love to overflow into the lives of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment